- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 2nd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 03/21/2014
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $59.99 Save
Written with outstanding clarity and drawing on an exceptionally wide range of theoretical perspectives throughout, each chapter is packed with innovative features to aid study and reinforce learning:
• Full-page case studies of Global Politics in Action, the majority entirely new to this edition, look behind the headlines to illuminate major events in world affairs
• Global Actor case studies consider the nature and significance of key players on the world stage, from Google to the G-20
• Focus and Debating features look closer at issues and approaches to promote critical thinking
• Photographs and biographies of influential theorists introduce the people, as well as the ideas, that have shaped the subject.
This second edition is fully updated to cover key developments, from the Arab Spring to the global financial crisis, and provides enhanced coverage of issues like international migration. An entirely new chapter on theory at the end of the book revisits key perspectives, and addresses deeper questions about the nature and purpose of theory in international relations.