Fundamentals of Periodontal Instrumentation and Advanced Root Instrumentation
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 8th
- Format: Spiral Bound
- Copyright: 04/27/2016
- Publisher: LWW
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $120.52 Save
Designed to make it easy for students to learn instrumentation, this practical book first takes students through basic skills—patient positioning, intraoral finger rests, and basic instrumentation—then covers advanced techniques, including assessment of periodontal patients and instrumentation of the root branches of multirooted teeth, root concavities, and furcation areas.
New Features: ?
- Twelve new online videos show students how to perform key instrumentation techniques.
- An all-new chapter on sub-gingival biofilm management using air polishing devices includes step-by-step instructions for set-up and use of this new technology.
- A new chapter on dental mirror use provides step-by-step instructions on using the dental mirror in all sextants of the mouth.
- A new chapter on communication skills includes fictitious patient cases that highlight key aspects of instrumentation, such as word choice when explaining recommended periodontal instrumentation procedures to patients and treatment planning for periodontal instrumentation.
- New material covers joint hypermobility and the impact of fingernail length on the grasp.
- New full color photos clarify key techniques.
- A new user-friendly design on thePoint includes expanded online resources that help students master concepts and skills.