Fundamental Nursing Skills and Concepts
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 11th
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 10/18/2016
- Publisher: LWW
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $88.99 Save
Fundamental Nursing Skills and Concepts, 11th Edition, continues the tradition of excellent coverage of basic nursing theory and clinical skills that have long made this text a leading resource for LPN/LVN students at the start of their studies. Students using this text will learn theoretical nursing concepts, step-by-step skills and procedures, and clinical applications, all while applying philosophical concepts focusing on the human experience such as caring as the essence of nursing, supportive health care provider networks, and accountability for actions and clinical decisions.
Filled with engaging learning tools that promote critical thinking, this new edition has been fully updated to reflect current medical and nursing practice with visually enticing photos and illustrations that bring the information to life and reinforce learning.
Highlights of the 11th Edition include:
- Coverage of new educational trends such as QSEN competencies and the SBAR technique for standardized communication.
- Updated NANDA diagnoses and definitions in Nursing Implications and Nursing Care Plans reflect the latest NANDA-I publication, Nursing Diagnoses 2015-2017.
- A continuing focus on the Nursing Process that covers concepts and paradigms in Chapter 2 with each skill chapter including the most recent applicable Nursing Diagnoses.
- Nursing Care Plans that help students identify with "real people" and their individualized care.
- Skills clustered at the end of each chapter that comply with Standard Precautions and infection control guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Nursing Guidelines that show students how to perform various types of nursing care or offer suggestions for managing client care problems.
- Client and Family Teaching boxes that highlight essential education points nurses can communicate to clients and their families.
- Chapter-ending Critical Thinking Exercises that use clinical situations or rhetorical questions to give students an opportunity to apply the material.
- NCLEX-PN Style Questions that help students apply what they’ve learned to items that reflect the formats within the 2016 NCLEX-PN Test plan.