Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.
FOUNDATIONS IN NURSING RESEARCH, 6/e,an engaging, learner-friendly text, illuminates all steps of the nursing research process, helping students critique research and determine whether study findings are ready to apply in practice. To illustrate specific aspects of the research process, the author extensively excerpts from published studies, including research performed outside the U.S. Pedagogical features include chapter outlines, objectives, definitions of key terms, summaries, class activities, and self-tests. This Sixth Edition has been revised with up-to-date information and references throughout; more coverage of both quantitative and qualitative research; greater focus on evidence-based practice; and an all-new chapter on nursing research and health care economics.
Table of Contents
PART I INTRODUCTION TO NURSING RESEARCH
1. Development of Nursing Research
2. Ethical Issues in Nursing Research
3. An Overview of Quantitative Research
4. An Overview of Qualitative Research
PART II PRELIMINARY STEPS IN THE RESEARCH PROCESS
5. Identifying Nursing Research Problems
6. Review of the Literature
7. Theory and Nursing Research
PART III RESEARCH DESIGNS
9. Quantitative Research Designs
10. Qualitative Research Designs
PART IV OBTAINING STUDY PARTICIPANTS AND COLLECTION OF DATA
11. Populations and Samples
12. Measurement and Collection of Data
13. Data Collection Methods
PART V DATA ANALYSIS
14. Descriptive Statistics
15. Inferential Statistics.
16. Presentation and Discussion of Study Findings
PART VI RESEARCH FINDINGS AND NURSING PRACTICE
17. Communication and Utilization of Nursing Research
18. Evidence-Based Nursing Practice
19. Nursing Research and Health Care Economics
20. Critique of Research Reports
Appendix A. Answers to Self-tests.
Appendix B. Critique Questions for Specific Research Article