Engineering Your Future: Comprehensive
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 8th
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 01/17/2014
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Newer Edition
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $100.20 Save
A companion website for the book, containing PowerPoint-based lecture notes and images from the book for professors, is available online at www.oup.com/us/oakes.
Engineering Your Future is also available in a brief edition containing the most popular chapters from this comprehensive edition. For more information on that title, please visit its website at http://global.oup.com/ushe/product/engineering-your-future-9780199348053?q=oakes%20engineering&lang=en&cc=us.
· Introduces students to the broad spectrum of engineering disciplines, with up-to-date data on degrees granted, employment opportunities, and salaries
· Highlights the ethical responsibilities of engineers
· Focuses on developing problem-solving and communication skills that are critical to success both in the classroom and in the working world
· Introduces a design methodology that can be used immediately and in subsequent design courses
· Provides a handy review of units and conversions, mathematics, and engineering fundamentals
New to this Edition
· A new Appendix A features "Nine Excel Skills Every Engineering Student Should Know"
· Chapter 13 on technical communication skills has been completely revised and updated
· Updated statistics for the job market provide critical data to help inform students' career decisions