Engineering Your Future: Comprehensive
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 8th
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 01/17/2014
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
List Price $100.21 Save
A companion website for the book, containing PowerPoint-based lecture notes and images from the book for professors, is available online at www.oup.com/us/oakes.
Engineering Your Future is also available in a brief edition containing the most popular chapters from this comprehensive edition. For more information on that title, please visit its website at http://global.oup.com/ushe/product/engineering-your-future-9780199348053?q=oakes%20engineering&lang=en&cc=us.
· Introduces students to the broad spectrum of engineering disciplines, with up-to-date data on degrees granted, employment opportunities, and salaries
· Highlights the ethical responsibilities of engineers
· Focuses on developing problem-solving and communication skills that are critical to success both in the classroom and in the working world
· Introduces a design methodology that can be used immediately and in subsequent design courses
· Provides a handy review of units and conversions, mathematics, and engineering fundamentals
New to this Edition
· A new Appendix A features "Nine Excel Skills Every Engineering Student Should Know"
· Chapter 13 on technical communication skills has been completely revised and updated
· Updated statistics for the job market provide critical data to help inform students' career decisions