Computer Science An Overview
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 12th
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 04/01/2014
- Publisher: Pearson
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $168.20 Save
Computer Science: An Overview is intended for use in the Introduction to Computer Science course. It is also suitable for all readers interested in a breadth-first introduction to computer science.
Computer Science uses broad coverage and clear exposition to present a complete picture of the dynamic computer science field. Accessible to students from all backgrounds, Glenn Brookshear and Dennis Brylow encourage the development of a practical, realistic understanding of the field. An overview of each of the important areas of Computer Science provides students with a general level of proficiency for future courses. This new edition incorporates an introduction to the Python programming language into key chapters.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. It will help:
- Develop a Practical, Realistic Understanding of Computer Science: An overview of each of the important areas of Computer Science prepares students for future courses.
- Fit your Course Preferences: Individual chapters are independent and can be covered in an order that suits your course.
- Use Python to prepare students for future courses: A new focus on Python provides programming tools for exploration and experimentation.
- Reinforce Core Concepts: More than 1000 Questions and Exercises, Chapter Review Problems, and Social Issues questions give students the opportunity to apply concepts.
- Support Learning with Student Resources: The Companion Website www.pearsonhighered.com/brookshear features resources that enhance learning.