Community and Public Health Nursing Evidence for Practice
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 2nd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 01/23/2015
- Publisher: LWW
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $123.72 Save
- Principles of epidemiology and basic biostatistics are integrated with core principles of community and public health nursing to provide both the methods and the knowledge you need to gather, analyze, and evaluate data as evidence for community health practice decisions.
- Case studies in every chapter give you an opportunity to apply community health concepts to real life scenarios, stimulating your critical thinking and analytic skills.
- Coverage of health and cultural disparities, including ways to modify health care delivery systems to meet specific needs, is reflected in case studies, practice concerns, and evidence-for-practice examples.
- Concrete examples that present the scientific basis for nursing practice help you interpret and apply statistical data.
- Practice Points highlight essential facts relevant to evidence-based practice.
- Chapter Highlights provide brief outlines of the content, allowing you to read with a purpose.
- Boldface Key Terms define essential concepts and terminology.
- Objectives list the observable changes expected when you complete the chapter.
- Chapter-ending Key Concepts summarize the chapter’s important concepts and are ideal for review
- Evidence-for-Practice Briefs provide examples of objective evidence obtained from research studies that provide direction for practice.
- Student Perspectives showcase stories from nursing students who share their own experiences and reflections.
- Critical Thinking questions in every chapter require you to combine research, context, and judgment in your answers.
- Healthy People 2020 information includes national and state activities and goals that reflect the national Healthy People 2020 objectives.
- Community Resources sections list sources of help or information that are available in most communities.
- Ethical/Legal Issuevignettes demonstrate unique ethical and legal concerns in community and public health nursing.
- “How to” boxes provide the specific steps involved in completing important tasks.
- Levels of Prevention boxes provide examples of primary, secondary and tertiary prevention of disease and illness.