College Physics A Strategic Approach
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 3rd
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 01/08/2014
- Publisher: Pearson
- Newer Edition
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $292.59 Save
MasteringPhysics is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Building on the research-proven instructional techniques introduced in Knight’s P hysics for Scientists and Engineers, College Physics: A Strategic Approach sets a new standard for algebra-based introductory physics—gaining widespread critical acclaim from professors and students alike. The text, supplements, and MasteringPhysics® work together to help students see and understand the big picture, gain crucial problem-solving skills and confidence, and better prepare for lecture and their future.
For the Third Edition, Randy Knight, Brian Jones, and Stuart Field have incorporated student feedback and research to strengthen their focus on student learning, and to apply the best results from educational research and extensive user feedback and metadata.
This program presents an unparalleled teaching and learning experience, uniquely effective and integrated.
- Personalize learning with MasteringPhysics: MasteringPhysics provides students with engaging experiences that coach them through physics with specific wrong-answer feedback, hints, and a wide variety of educationally effective content.
- Prepare for lecture: Prepare students for lecture with innovative and engaging media tools, tailored carefully to reinforce the textbook.
- Understand the big picture: Enable students to understand the connections between topics, the real-world context, and the overarching themes, skills, and principles of physics using refined and expanded learning tools.
- Develop problem-solving skills: Equip students with problem-solving tactics and strategies through expanded guidance and practice in the text and online in MasteringPhysics.
- Foster skills for the MCAT: Gear students up for the new MCAT with enhanced life-science and biomedical applications in the text and problems, and increased emphasis on reasoning with real-world situations and data.