Clinical Practice of the Dental Hygienist
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 12th
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 01/05/2016
- Publisher: LWW
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $125.85 Save
To help readers prepare for effective, culturally sensitive practice, six sections of the 12th Edition conform to the Dental Hygiene Process of Care: Assessment, Diagnosis, Care Planning, Implementation, Education, and, new to this edition, Documentation. Updated and revised throughout, this edition includes new material on motivational interviewing, risk assessment, and alternate practice settings, and is enhanced by new clinically relevant color photos, and real-world examples.
- New Enhance Your Understanding boxes identify all print and digital resources available by chapter, including the hands-on Workbook, online learning tools on thePoint, and prepU adaptive quizzing.
- Updated section on Documentation as a part of the Dental Hygiene Process of Care, this brings the clinical care of a patient full circle.
- New coverage of motivational interviewing shows students how to use this proven communication method to elicit and strengthen the patient’s intrinsic motivation to work toward positive change in oral health.
- Updated content on Risk Assessment for Oral Disease added to Chapters 12, 19, and 27 prepares readers for this key aspect of effective practice.
- New clinically relevant color photos and real world examples help readers connect what they’re learning to practice.
- New information on alternative practice settings prepares readers for successful practice.
- A detailed outline format makes information easier to locate and is ideal for students preparing for Licensure Board examinations.
- Step-by-step instructions cover all aspects of dental hygiene from radiologic diagnosis and technique to treating patients with special needs and medical/dental areas of concern, such as infectious diseases, allergic reactions, blood disorders, and medications.
- Everyday Ethics boxes give students an opportunity to explore the types of clinical problems they are likely to encounter in real-life practice.
- Factors to Teachthe Patientboxes cover topics of interest when teaching patients, family members, and the community self-care and responsibility for oral health.
- In-depth coverage of Documentation includes example documentation notes written in the SOAP notes format, demonstrating the importance of including such notes in each patient’s permanent record.
- Chapter-opening Outlines provide an at-a-glance overview and help readers locate specific topics quickly.
- Chapter-opening Learning Objectivesprovide a road map to important information that must be mastered.
- Key Words boxes identify spelling and define new vocabulary terms in context. Each key word is listed in the index to facilitate quick reference to all definitions.
- Quiz Bank, Audio Glossary
- Test Bank, Lesson Plans, PowerPoint Presentations, Image Bank, Answers to the exercises found in the Active Learning Workbook, LMS Cartridges