Action Research Plus Video-Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 5th
- Format: Package
- Copyright: 03/01/2013
- Publisher: Pearson
- Newer Edition
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $83.07 Save
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the bound book.
Born of the author's own experience working with teachers and principals, Action Research, 5/e, provides a research-based step-by-step outline of how to do action research. The author guides teachers and administrators through the action research process via numerous concrete illustrations; positioning it as a fundamental component of teaching. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video.
From reviews of the book:
“Mills’ writing style is informative, direct, and personalized and his expertise as a researcher is evident throughout the textbook. He fully understands the uniqueness of teacher-centered research. . . . The language and the illustration cater to the classroom research contexts and it is easy to understand and apply.”
–Adel Al-Bataineh, Illinois State University
“The book emphasizes the importance of reflection and creating an action plan. . . . Examples of action research papers are included. There are study sites, videos, slides and other supplemental materials available for the students to consult for ancillary learning. The writing style is clear, interesting and engaging. Throughout the text, Mills offers the reader a research scenario that helps to position him or her around the theme of the chapter and context of the research phase. This helps to alleviate some of the anxiety students of action research may experience as they begin each aspect of the action research process.”
–Beverly Melenyzer, California University of Pennsylvania
“[T]he survey examples, SurveyMonkey, and direct observation examples are very good, as well as the informal interview, making records, [and] data collection techniques. . . . [T]he section on re-aligning the focus and action research plan is very good. I find my students doing this as they are doing their literature review and understanding that they need to narrow the scope of their research. I like the example of doing AR in Ch. 6. . . . I like the inclusion of the data analysis, sample interview and other models of how to analyze data. . . . The key strengths of the project are the authentic examples of AR.”
–Mary Frances Agnello, Texas Tech University
Balanced coverage of data collection and analysis techniques for qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods
- Chapter 4, Data Collection Techniques, covers collection techniques for the most frequently used qualitative and quantitative data, including observations, interviews, teacher-made tests, and standardized test data.
- Chapter 6, Data Analysis and Interpretation, guides students through data analysis and provides techniques, coding guidelines, and examples for analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data.
Inclusion throughout the text of digital research tools that can be used by action researchers through each phase of the action research process.
A focus on producing critical consumers of action research
- Chapter 9, Evaluating Action Research, helps students learn to read and critique studies completed by others. Included in Chapter 9 is an article from an action research journal that is analyzed using the new criteria for evaluating action research.
- Appendix A, Action Research in Action, contains an extended example and evaluation of an action research case study.
Expanded coverage of the ethics of conducting research in your own classroom
- Chapter 2, Ethics, includes discussion of ethical guidelines and provides guidance for seeking and obtaining Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.