FREE SHIPPING BOTH WAYSON EVERY ORDER!
Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
Health starts here!
With an emphasis on media, the new Health: The Basics, Tenth Edition features robust relatable content, bringing health topics to life and keeping you hooked on learning and living well.
Now enhanced with an even more comprehensive package of easy-to-use media and supplements, this edition makes teaching and learning personal health extra dynamic. The Tenth Edition includes new ABC News videos, more online worksheets, new course management and eText options, Tweet Your Health, new student “behavior change video log (vlog)” videos, countless new teacher supplements, and more. These resources bring personal health to life in any form–in the classroom, online, or on the iPad. These tools all motivate students to be more interested in the book content and invest in their health.
1. Accessing Your Health
2. Promoting and Preserving Your Psychological Health
Focus on: Cultivating Your Spiritual Health
3. Managing Stress and Coping with Life’s Challenges
Focus on: Improving Your Sleep
4. Preventing Violence and Injury
5. Building Healthy Relationships and Understanding Sexuality
6. Considering Your Re... MORE
7. Recognizing and Avoiding Addiction and Drug Use
8. Drinking Alcohol Responsibly and Ending Tobacco Use
9. Eating for a Healthier You
10. Reaching and Maintaining a Healthy Weight
Focus On: Enhancing Your Body Image
11. Improving Your Personal Fitness
12. Reducing Your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease and Cancer
Focus on: Minimizing Your Risk for Diabetes
13. Protecting against Infectious and Noninfectious Diseases
14. Preparing for Aging, Death, and Dying
15. Promoting Environmental Health
16. Making Smart Health Care Choices
17. Understanding Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Rebecca Donatelle is an Associate Professor in Public Health and is the Coordinator of the Public Health Promotion and Education Programs in the College of Health and Human Sciences at Oregon State University. She has a Ph.D. in Community Health/Health Education, a Master of Science degree in Health Education, and a Bachelor of Science degree with majors in both Health/Physical Education and English. She is also a Certified Health Education Specialist in behaviors and behavior change. She has received the Leadership Award, outstanding teacher award in her college, and a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Presidential Award for Promising New Research in the Smoke-Free Families National Initiative.