FREE SHIPPING BOTH WAYSON EVERY ORDER!
Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
Are you prepared to serve and teach all students? The second edition of Special Education for Today’s Teachers: An Introduction not only will provide a solid foundation for being a teacher in today’s classroom, but also will help you to truthfully answer this question. The challenges we face today in special education require highly qualified, reflective practitioners who use research-based strategies in the classroom and who are excited about the success and future of students. This book will help prepare you to meet these requirements and find the solutions that will lead you to that success.
- MyEducationLab is integrated throughout the text with margin notes that direct readers to Assignments and Activities and Building Teaching Skills and Dispositions learning units on the course. Additionally, readers are directed to take advantage of Study Plans on the site that allow students to check their understanding of chapter content and then enhance their understanding with review and enrichment activities.
- Can You Help Me with This Student? features present a scenario or case study in which a teacher is facing a difficult situation with a student and show how this challenge could be resolved.
- The Real World: Challenges and Solutions appears in Chapters 2 -15 and focuses on the daily problem solving and reflection typical of teachers of students with special needs.
- My Profession, My Story vignettes highlight teachers, their life experiences, dispositions, and attitudes, and how all of these factors relate to daily teaching practice and the profession.
- Technology for Access features are integrated throughout the text.
- Reflective Exercises margin notes engage readers through thought-provoking questions that extend the content of the narrative.
- FAQ sheets are presented in chapters 2-15 and show a summary of quick facts for the reader to address regarding the content of the chapter.