FREE SHIPPING BOTH WAYSON EVERY ORDER!
Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
Sleep and Rehabilitation: A Guide for Health Professionals is a concise reference for the health professional looking to further understand sleep and how sleep science may impact particular areas of various rehabilitation disciplines.
Dr. Julie M. Hereford and her contributors present Sleep and Rehabilitation: A Guide for Health Professionals in an easy-to-read manner by dividing the text into four main sections. The first section provides a review of the basic scientific understanding of sleep. While there are many other publications that present a basic scientific understanding of sleep, Sleep and Rehabilitation systematically gears this information toward the rehabilitation professional with commonly used terminology, descriptions of sleep architecture, and information concerning sleep hygiene.
The middle sections of Sleep and Rehabilitation describe disordered sleep and how it pertains to patients seen in the rehabilitation setting. It guides the health professional to recognize the manifestations and consequences of disordered sleep and teaches the rehabilitation professional how to interpret a sleep study in order to provide guidance in clinical decision making. Finally, the last section of Sleep and Rehabilitation provides the ever-important practical application of the theoretical principles in sleep rehabilitation.
· Discussion on the science of polysomnography
· Sleep and sleep dysfunction from a rehabilitation perspective
· Sleep dysfunction as it relates to the clinical needs of a patient undergoing the rehabilitation process
· Discussion on the particular concerns that sleep and sleep dysfunction can hold for rehabilitation patients and issues to be addressed by the provider
· Presentation of unique issues that disordered sleep may present in the rehabilitation process such as on pain, pain management, motor learning, and memory and performance enhancement
· Tools to assess quality and quantity of a patient’s sleep
· Discussion on methods in which sleep may be manipulated in order to optimize a patient’s physical performance
Sleep and Rehabilitation: A Guide for Health Professionals is a one-of-a-kind reference that will help the health professional incorporate the science of sleep into the rehabilitation process.