FREE SHIPPINGON EVERY ORDER!
Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
Comprehensive. Detailed. Practical. Set Lighting Technician's Handbook, Fourth Edition, is a friendly, hands-on manual covering the day-to-day practices, equipment, and tricks of the trade essential to anyone doing motion picture lighting, including the lamp operator, rigging crew, gaffer, best boy, or director of photography. This handbook offers a wealth of practical technical information, useful techniques, as well as aesthetic discussions.
The Set Lighting Technician's Handbook focuses on what is important when working on-set: trouble-shooting, teamwork, set protocol, and safety. It describes tricks and techniques for operating a vast array of lighting equipment including LEDs, xenons, camera synchronous strobes, black lights, underwater units, lighting effects units, and many others. Since its first edition, this handy on-set reference continues to be widely adopted as a training and reference manual by union training programs as well as top university film production programs.
New to the fourth edition:
* More coverage of the aesthetics of lighting, including pictures of set-ups at different budgets
* Detailed information on LED technology and gear
* Harmonized with union safety (Local 728) and training procedures
* More coverage than ever before about setting up and running DMX systems and DMX enabled devices, including wireless DMX networks
* Completely revised and updated sections of HMIs, tungsten light fixtures, and fluorescent technologies
* Additional information on dealing with current harmonics, working with portable generators.
* New section on planning and organizing and dimmer board operations
* New section on using 480V power
* In addition to previsualization software, new material provides a primer on creating professional light plots and using computer aided design software
* New additions to the arsenal of electrical distribution equipment that make our sets safer and easier to power
* More rigging tricks and techniques
* Coverage of operating in the work world: how to find work, network, build relationships, and finally, how to protect your health in a physical job
* Written in the same friendly, easy-to-read style that has made this book so popular
* An indispensable on-the-job reference for tens of thousands of film lighting technicians
* Includes professional-level procedures that save time and promote safety and efficiency
* Written by a leading gaffer and director of photography