FREE SHIPPINGON EVERY ORDER!
Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
Sams Teach Yourself Responsive Web Design in 24 Hours helps you create websites that work equally well on everything from smartphones and tablets to multi-screen monitors.
Learn how to…
CONTENTS AT A GLANCE
H OUR 1: What Is Responsive Web Design?
• History of Responsive Web Design
• Why We Need Responsive Web Design
HOUR 2 : Alternatives to Responsive Web Design
• CSS Layouts
• Detection Scripts
HOUR 3: The Growth of Mobile
• Basic Cell Phones
• Retina Devices
• Why Responsive Design Is Important
HOUR 4 : Progressive Enhancement
• What Is Progressive Enhancement?
• How to Use Progressive Enhancement on a
• Benefits of Progressive Enhancement
HOUR 5 : HTML for Responsive Web Design
• Clean Code
• Don’t Forget Semantic Elements
• Validating Your HTML
HOUR 6: Basic CSS
• How to Write CSS Rules
• Embedded and External Style Sheets
• Styling Fonts and Colors
• Creating a Layout with CSS
• Understanding Cascading and Specificity
PART II: BUILDING A RESPONSIVE WEBSITE
HOUR 8: Planning a Responsive Website
• Should You Make Your Website Responsive?
• How to Plan for a Responsive Website
HOUR 9: Mobile First
• Why Design for Mobile First?
• What Makes a Site Mobile Friendly?
• What About Mobile Only?
HOUR 1 0: CSS Media Queries
• What Is a Media Query?
• Media Query Expressions
HOUR 1 1: Breakpoints
• What Is a Breakpoint?
• How to Define Breakpoints in CSS
• Optimal Breakpoints
HOUR 12: Layout
• What Is Web Layout?
• Types of Layouts
• Columns in Layout
HOUR 13 : Navigation
• Why Responsive Navigation Is Important
• What Makes Navigation Mobile Friendly?
• Basic RWD Navigation Patterns
HOUR 14: Responsive Fonts and Typography
• Using Web Fonts
• Sizing Typography
• Relative Versus Absolute Font Sizes
• New CSS3 Measurement Units
HOUR 15: Creating and Using Images in RWD
• Making Images Responsive
• Improving Download Speeds
• Building and Using Retina-Ready Images
HOUR 16: Videos and Other Media in RWD
• Making YouTube Videos Responsive
HOUR 17: Tables in Responsive Web Design
• Tables on Small Devices
• Can Tables Be Responsive?
• Where Do Layout Tables Fit in RWD?
HOUR 18 : Responsive Web Forms
• HTML5 Forms
• Making Web Forms Usable
• Creating Responsive Forms
HOUR 19 : Testing Responsive Websites
• Testing in Your Browser
• Testing in a Device for All Your Breakpoints
• How to Test When You Don’t Have the Devices
HOUR 20 : Problems with Responsive Web Design
• RWD Can Make More Work for Designers
• Not Al