Research Techniques for the Health Sciences focuses on pragmatic aspects of health science research. Underlying concepts and theory are explained and illustrated through a common-sense approach utilizing case studies.
All of the textís case studies are health-oriented in school, community, and hospital settings involving students, teachers, physicians, nurses, and health science researchers. This edition features more applied questions for the case studies... MORE
1. What is Research?
2. Developing the Research Proposal
3. Critical Review of the Literature and Information Sources
4. Considering Ethics in Research
5. Conducting Experimental and Quasi-Experimental Research
6. Conducting Survey and Self-Report Research
7. Conducting Qualitative Research
8. Conducting Evaluation Research and Mixed Designs
9. Conducting Analytical Epidemiologic Research
10. Sampling Designs and Techniques
11. Analyzing and Interpreting Data: Descriptive Analysis... MORE
James J. Neutens, PhD, FASHA is the Dean of the College of Medicine-Knoxville at the University of Tennessee.