FREE SHIPPING BOTH WAYSON EVERY ORDER!
Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
1. Why You Eat What You Eat
2. What is Nutrition?
3. Nutrition Claims: Sorting Fact from Fiction
4. Tools for Healthy Eating
5. Food Labels: Cracking the Code
6. Digestion: How Food Becomes Nutrition
7. Carbohydrates: Facts to Know
8. Carbohydrates: Foods to Eat
9. Diabetes: A Growing Epidemic
11. Fats: Foods to Eat
12. Eat to Beat Heart Disease
13. Proteins: Facts to Know
14. Proteins: Foods to Eat
15. Vegetarian Diets: What to Eat When You Don’t Eat Meat
16. Vitamins: Small but Powerful
17. Minerals: Essential Elements
18. Water: Facts to Know, Fluids to Drink
19. Alcohol: The Real Story
20. Healthy Weight: What Is It and How Do You Maintain It?
21. Overweight and Obesity: Fighting the Factors that Put On Weight
22. Underweight and Disordered Eating: When Eating Enough is a Challenge
23. Fighting Cancer with a Knife and Fork
24. Focus on Fitness
25. Eat to Compete
26. Supplements and Functional Foods: Are They Right for You?
27. Food Safety
28. Food Insecurity
29. Life Cycle Nutrition: Pregnancy Through Infancy
30. Life Cycle Nutrition: Childhood Through the Later Years
Joan Salge Blake, MS, RD, LDN
Joan Salge Blake is a Clinical Associate Professor and the Dietetics Internship Director at Boston University’s College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences (Sargent College). She received her MS from Boston University and teaches both graduate and undergraduate nutrition courses. She has also been a guest lecturer at the Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine.
Joan is a member of the American Dietetic Association and the Massachusetts Dietetic Association (MDA) and has been a presenter and Presiding Officer at both the ADA Annual Meeting and MDA Annual Convention. She has been a recipient of the Outstanding Dietitian (2009), Outstanding Dietetic Educator (2007) and Young Dietitian of the Year awards. She also received the Whitney Powers Excellence in Teaching Award from Boston University. Joan is an ADA National Media Spokesperson and conducts over 100 media interviews annually. Her nutrition segments can be seen regularly on Fox25 TV, Boston.