FREE SHIPPING BOTH WAYSON EVERY ORDER!
Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
Each chapter begins with “Introduction” and concludes with “Discussion Questions and Statements.”
I. PSYCHOLOGICAL FOUNDATIONS OF HUMAN RELATIONS.
1. Psychological Approaches to Human Relations.
Psychodynamic Approach to Human Relations.
The Humanistic Approach to Human Relations.
Cognitive-Behavioral Approaches to Human Relations.
Exercise 1-1 Assessment of Human Relations Orientation
2. The Use of Power and Its Impact on Human Relations... MORE
The Nature of Power.
Assessing Your Leadership Style.
Case Study: The Newly Appointed Superintendent of Schools.
3. The Empathetic Administrator.
The Nature of Empathy.
4. The Genuine Administrator.
Warmth and Trust.
II. ETHICAL AND PHILOSOPHICAL FOUNDATIONS OF HUMAN RELATIONS.
5. Human Relations in an Ethical Context.
6. Transcendental Leadership and Human Relations.
Appendix A: Monitoring Reports.
7. Administrator Responsibility and Effective Human Relations.
The Categorical Imperative.
The Philosophy of Right.
The Duty of Citizens.
The Stoic Approach.
Human Relations Implications.
8. Conflict and Human Relations.
9. Social Justice in a Human Relations Context.
A Theory of Justice.
10. Public Discourse in a Human Relations Context.
III: HUMAN COMMUNICATIONS AND HUMAN RELATIONS.
11. Basic Principles of Communication.
Aspects of Human Communication.
The Social Covenant and Communication.
Definition of Communication.
Principles of Communication.
12. Cultural Communication and Human Relations.
Organizational Culture and Communication.
13. Written Communication and Human Relations.
The Power of the Written Word.
The Function of Writing in Educational Administration.
Interpreting the Written Word.
Exercise 13-1: Assessment of the Importance of the Written Word.
14. Nonverbal Communication and Human Relations.
Basic Notions About Nonverbal Communication.
Aspects of Nonverbal Communication.
Selected Types of Nonverbal Communication.
Exercise 14-1: Nonverbal Awareness Survey.
15. Verbal Communication and Human Relations.
Basic Notions About Verbal Communication.
Ramifications of Verbal Communication.
Exercise 15-1: Verbal Awareness Survey.