Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
The book utilizes FPGA devices, Nios II soft-core processor, and development platform from Altera Co., which is one of the two main FPGA manufactures. Altera has a generous university program that provides free software and discounted prototyping boards for educational institutions (details at http://www.altera.com/university). The two main educational prototyping boards are known as DE1 ($99) and DE2 ($269). All experiments can be implemented and tested with these boards. A board combined with this book becomes a “turn-key” solution for the SoPC design experiments and projects. Most HDL and C codes in the book are device independent and can be adapted by other prototyping boards as long as a board has similar I/O configuration.
1. Ovweview of Embedded System.
Part I. Basic Digital Circuits Development.
2. Gate-level Combinational Circuit.
3. Overview of FPGA and EDA Software.
4. RT-level Combinational Circuit.
5. Regular Sequential Circuit.
Part II. Basic NIOS II Software Development.
8. Nios II Processor Overview.
9. Nios II System Derivation and Low-Level Access.
10. Predesigned Nios II I/O Peripherals.
11. Predesigned Nios II I/O Drivers and HAL API.
12. Interrupt and ISR.
13. Custom I/O Peripheral with PIO Cores.
14. Avalon Interconnect and SOPC Component.
15. SRAM and SDRAM Controllers.
16. PS2 Keyboard and Mouse.
17. VGA Controller.
18. Audio Codec Controller.
19. SD Card Controller.
IV. Hardware Accelerator Case Studies.
20. GCD Accelerator.
21. Mandelbrot Set Fractal Accelerator.
22. Direct Digital Frequency Synthesis.