Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
I. TEACHING MATHEMATICS: FOUNDATIONS AND PERSPECTIVES.
1. Teaching Mathematics in the Context of the Reform Movement.
2. Exploring What It Means to Do Mathematics.
3. Developing Understanding in Mathematics.
4. Teaching Through Problem Solving.
5. Building Assessment into Instruction.
6. Planning in the Problem-Based Classroom.
7. Teaching All Children Mathematics.
8. Technology and School Mathematics.
9. Developing Early Number Concepts and Number Sense.
10. Developing Meanings for the Operations.
11. Helping Children Master the Basic Facts.
12. Whole-Number Place-Value Development.
13. Strategies for Whole-Number Computation.
14. Computational Estimation with Whole Numbers.
15. Developing Fraction Concepts.
16. Computation with Fractions.
17. Decimal and Percent Concepts and Decimal Computation.
18. Developing Concepts of Ratio and Proportion.
19. Developing Measurement Concepts.
20. Geometric Thinking and Geometric Concepts.
21. Exploring Concepts of Data Analysis and Probability.
22. Algebraic Reasoning.
23. Exploring Functions.
24. Developing Concepts of Exponents, Integers, and Real Numbers.
Appendix A. Principles and Standards for School Mathematics: Content Standards and Grade Level Expectations.
Appendix B. Professional Standards for Teaching Mathematics: Teaching Standards.