FREE SHIPPINGON EVERY ORDER!
Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
What year are you preparing your students for? 1973? 1995? Can you honestly say that your school s curriculum and the program you use are preparing your students for 2015 or 2020? Are you even preparing them for today?
With those provocative questions, author and educator Heidi Hayes Jacobs launches a powerful case for overhauling, updating, and injecting life into the K 12 curriculum. Sharing her expertise as a world-renowned curriculum designer and calling upon the collective wisdom of 10 education thought leaders, Jacobs provides insight and inspiration in the following key areas:
- Content and assessment--How to identify what to keep, what to cut, and what to create, and where portfolios and other new kinds of assessment fit into the picture.
- Program structures--How to improve our use of time and space and groupings of students and staff.
- Technology--How it s transforming teaching, and how to take advantage of students natural facility with technology.
- Media literacy--The essential issues to address, and the best resources for helping students become informed users of multiple forms of media.
- Globalization--What steps to take to help students gain a global perspective.
- Sustainability--How to instill enduring values and beliefs that will lead to healthier local, national, and global communities.
- Habits of mind--The thinking habits that students, teachers, and administrators need to develop and practice to succeed in school, work, and life.
The answers to these questions and many more make Curriculum 21 the ideal guide for transforming our schools into what they must become: learning organizations that match the times in which we live.