FREE SHIPPINGON EVERY ORDER!
Analyzing art house films from the African continent and the African diaspora, this book showcases a new generation of auteurs with African origins from political, aesthetic, and spectatorship perspectives.
• Focuses on art house cinema and discusses commercial African cinema
• Enlarges our understanding of African film to include thematic and aesthetic influence
• Highlights aesthetic and political aspects including racial identity, women’s issues, and diaspora
• Heavily illustrated with over 90 film stills
• Features selected stills integral to the filmic analysis in full color
• Moves beyond Western-oriented analytical paradigms