Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
This textbook presents a comprehensive framework for planning, guiding, and evaluating learning activities for undergraduate and graduate nursing students in clinical settings.
The book presents clinical teaching strategies that are effective and practical in a rapidly changing health care environment. It describes a range of teaching strategies useful for courses in which the teacher is on-site with students, in courses using preceptors, in simulation laboratories, and in distance education environments.
This book represents... MORE
- Choosing clinical learning assignments
- Self-directed learning activities
- Case method, case study, and grand rounds
- Clinical Nurse Educator Examination Detailed Test Blueprint core competencies
- Evaluation strategies and grading for written assignments
- Ethical and legal issues in clinical teaching
- Recognizing that clinical settings require different approaches to teaching, the contributors present all the tools necessary to help educators meet the challenges of this complex learning environment.
|Foundations of Clinical Teaching||p. 1|
|Contextual Factors Affecting Clinical Teaching||p. 3|
|Outcomes of Clinical Teaching||p. 19|
|Preparing for Clinical Learning Activities||p. 35|
|Process of Clinical Teaching||p. 59|
|Ethical and Legal Issues in Clinical Teaching||p. 89|
|Strategies for Effective Clinical Teachi... MORE||p. 113|
|Choosing Clinical Learning Assignments||p. 115|
|Self-Directed Learning Activities||p. 133|
|Clinical Simulation||p. 151|
|Virtual Reality and Game-Based Clinical Education||p. 183|
|Case Method, Case Study, and Grand Rounds||p. 213|
|Discussion and Clinical Conference||p. 231|
|Clinical Teaching Strategies for Selected Contexts||p. 253|
|Quality Clinical Education for Graduate Nursing Students at a Distance: One Exemplar||p. 255|
|Using Preceptors as Clinical Teachers and Coaches||p. 285|
|Clinical Teaching in Diverse Settings||p. 307|
|Evaluation Strategies in Clinical Teaching||p. 341|
|Written Assignments||p. 343|
|Clinical Evaluation and Grading||p. 371|
|Appendix: Certified Nurse Educator (CNECM) Examination Detailed Test Blueprint||p. 415|
|Table of Contents provided by Ingram. All Rights Reserved.|