FREE SHIPPING BOTH WAYSON EVERY ORDER!
Because Knetbooks knows college students. Our rental program is designed to save you time and money. Whether you need a textbook for a semester, quarter or even a summer session, we have an option for you. Simply select a rental period, enter your information and your book will be on its way!
1. Statistics: The Life of the Party 3
2. Lions, and Tigers, and . . . Bigfoot? Oh, My:
How Questionable Data Can Screw Up an Otherwise Perfectly Good Statistical Analysis 7
3. Asteroid Belts and Spandex Cars: Using Descriptive Statistics to Answer Your Most Weighty Questions 23
4. Baseball, Game Shows, and Sidekicks: Who Cares about Probability Anyway? 43
5. What It’s Like to Be Normal: Probability Distributions and One Rule That Could Make You Wildly Popular ... MORE
What a Few Estimates and a Little Probability
Can Do for You
6. Men Are Insensitive and Women Are Illogical. Really: Asserting Your Stereotypes with Confidence 89
7. Godzilla versus King Kong: How Hypothesis Tests Can Be Used to Settle the Battle of the Movie Monsters 109
8. Lab Rats and Roommates: Analysis of Variance and How to Channel Your Inner Mad Scientist 129
9. When the Zombie Flu Went Viral: Regressing the Myth Out of Urban Myths 143
Appendix A: Critical Values for the Standard Normal Distribution 161
Appendix B: Critical Values for the T-Distribution 163
Appendix C: Critical Values for the Chi-Squared Distribution 165
KRISTIN H. JARMAN, PhD, is Senior Research Scientist at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory in Richland, Washington, where she applies basic and not-so-basic statistical analyses to her own set of research challenges.