Take Note An Introduction to Music Through Active Listening
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 1st
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 02/06/2014
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $110.88 Save
* Listening-centered approach: develops students' understanding of the basic elements of music
* Recurring core repertory: explores the elements of music through a select group of musical works that reflect a variety of styles (piano, winds, brass, and percussion) and genres (jazz, lieder, world, and choral music)
* Historical context: gives students an overview of Western music from the Medieval period to the present through a 3-chapter historical survey, timelines, and "Focus On," "In History," and "Across the Arts" boxes
* "If You Liked This Music" boxes: encourages students to expand their playlists and listening skills beyond the core repertory by offering additional listening suggestions throughout the text
* Dashboard for Take Note: offers streaming audio of all of the musical selections in the text plus instrument videos, activities, and interactive listening guides that provide moment-by-moment explanations of key works through a running commentary. Save money by purchasing a new book bundled with a Dashboard access code or purchase Dashboard separately at www.oup.com/us/wallace.