Skipper's Cockpit Racing Guide For dinghies, keelboats and yachts
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 05/08/2014
- Publisher: Adlard Coles
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
The Skipper's Cockpit Racing Guide is an at-a-glance reference for dinghy and yacht racers, covering everything they need to know to improve their performance – and win. From those in their first year of racing to old hands wondering why they're not winning, this splash-proof, lie-flat guide covers an enormous amount of detail in a simple, easy to follow format.
Topics are broken down into photo sequences, boxes, flowcharts, hints and tips, and cover:
- setting your goals
- assembling the right boat and gear
- practising and tuning (straight line, tacking, gybing, rounding marks, doing penalties)
- starting (planning, set-up of rig and foils)
- race strategy (beating, reaching, running)
- tactics against the opposition
- crewing skills (trim, weight)
- tides and currents (what affects the flow, using them to your advantage)
- wind (wind shadows, wind bends, forecasts)
- spinnakers (symmetric, asymmetric, hoist, gybe, drop)
- rules (start, beat, reach, run)
A final section on troubleshooting enables readers to rate their performance and identify areas for improvement, handily linking back to those pages in the book.