Setting Limits in the Classroom, 3rd Edition
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 3rd
- Format: Trade Paper
- Copyright: 07/20/2010
- Publisher: Harmony
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
List Price $16.99 Save
Disruptive behavior, power struggles, lack of motivation, attention deficit disorder—at times the list of obstacles to teaching seems endless. That’s why thousands of teachers and child-care providers have turned to the solutions in Setting Limits in the Classroom. This fully updated and expanded third edition offers the most up-to-date alternatives to punishment and permissiveness—moving beyond traditional methods that wear you down and get you nowhere.
- Eliminating power struggles and handling disruptions quickly
- Establishing an effective environment for learning
- Using natural and logical consequences to support your rules
- Conducting proactive, focused parent conferences
- New research and techniques for supporting special-needs children
With its new focus on younger students and special tools for handling “strong-willed” children, this edition offers schoolteachers the tools they need to gain control of their classrooms—respectfully and effectively.