Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.
Rock Music Styles blends musical commentary into an historical and social framework as it traces the development of rock music from its roots in country and blues to the most contemporary trends. Through well-chosen song examples and easy-to-read listening guides, students will experience firsthand the defining characteristics of rock styles and develop the ability to make connections between the popular music of yesterday and today.
Table of Contents
1. Early Roots of Rock Music
2. The Blues and Rhythm and Blues Roots of Rock
3. Gospel and Country Roots of Rock
4. Early Rock and Roll
5. Teen-Styled Rock Music
6. Soul and Motown
7. The British Invasion: The Beatles versus the Stones
8. The British Invasion Continues and America Reacts