The PTA Handbook Keys to Success in School and Career for the Physical Therapist Assistant
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 2nd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 11/15/2014
- Publisher: Slack Incorporated
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $69.28 Save
Dr. Kathleen A. Curtis and Peggy DeCelle Newman have updated this Second Edition to reflect current practice standards, including updated core professional documents addressing direction and supervision to align with developments in the physical therapy profession. The PTA Handbook, Second Edition expands on the popular first edition and includes an overview of the physical therapy profession, the physical therapist (PT) – physical therapist assistant (PTA) preferred relationship, evidenced-based practice and information literacy, diversity and cultural proficiency, and planning for life-long learning and leadership development.
What is new in the Second Edition:
• Includes key documents that guide the provision of physical therapy services and describe the relationship between delivery of care by the PT and PTA
• Career development strategies for the PTA, including criteria for Recognition of Advanced Proficiency for the Physical Therapist Assistant and leadership roles in professional, clinical, and community contexts
• Case studies and “Putting It Into Practice” exercises are user-friendly, realistic approaches to enhance student learning and comprehension through immediate and meaningful application of the topic being discussed
• Written as a strategy-based guide to success for PTA students in meeting the required demands and expectations during a PTA program as well as in practice in the field
The PTA Handbook, Second Edition also covers information that will assist advisors and counselors in college and work re-entry programs to provide guidance regarding the physical therapy profession and specifically the differing roles of the PTA and PT. This text will also serve as a key guide for groups of 21st century learners frequently seeking PTA education, including first-generation college students, adult learners, career re-entry, second-language learners, and learners with disabilities.
The PTA Handbook: Keys to Success in School and Career for the Physical Therapist Assistant, Second Edition is an essential reference for students, educators, advisors and counselors, and therapy managers who want to maximize the potential for success of the PTA.