Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.
This comprehensive introductory psychology book is well-known for its pioneering focus on the development of critical thinking skills crucial to the readers' success. This book is regarded for the liveliness, warmth, and clarity of its writing style, continuing its tradition of integrating gender, culture, and ethnicity throughout. Biology and Behavior. Learning and Conditioning. Social Forces, Culture, and Behavior. Thinking and Intelligence. Memory. Emotion. Motivation. Theories of Personality. Health and Disorder. For anyone who is interested in introductory psychology.
Table of Contents
AN INVITATION TO PSYCHOLOGY.
1. What Is Psychology? 2. How Psychologists Do Research.
BIOLOGY AND BEHAVIOR.
3. Evolution, Genes, and Behavior. 4. Neurons, Hormones, and the Brain. 5. Body Rhythms and Mental States. 6. Sensation and Perception.
THE ENVIRONMENT AND BEHAVIOR.
7. Learning and Conditioning. 8. Behavior in Social and Cultural Context.
THINKING AND FEELING.
9. Thinking and Intelligence. 10. Memory. 11. Emotion. 12. Motivation.
THE DEVELOPING PERSON.
13. Theories of Personality. 14. Development Over the Lifespan.
HEALTH AND DISORDER.
15. Health, Stress, and Coping. 16. Psychological Disorders. 17. Approaches to Treatment and Therapy.
EPILOGUE: TAKING PSYCHOLOGY WITH YOU.
Appendix: Statistical Methods. Glossary. Bibliography. Credits. Name Index. Subject Index.