Preventing Medical Emergencies: Use of the Medical History in Dental Practice
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 3rd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 07/18/2014
- Publisher: LWW
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $76.79 Save
You’ll find easy-to-follow coverage of general pathophysiology, medical management of patients with compromised health, screening techniques for identifying patients at risk for complications, as well as ways to manage in-office emergencies, such as adverse drug interactions. Case studies throughout the book explore a wide range of medical conditions and bring concepts to life, while a wide range of self-test, review, and case study questions help you master key concepts and procedures.
- Real world case studies with accompanying questions demonstrate risk factors and their management for a wide range of medical conditions, such as diabetes, pregnancy, coronary artery disease, and more
- Unique, easy to find follow-up questions for all conditions on the most recent ADA Health History form help you obtain more detailed patient histories, identify potential risks, and make appropriate treatment plan modifications.
- Step-by-step procedures for preventing medical emergencies, as well as for effectively managing those emergencies that do occur, prepare you for safe patient practice.
- Up-to-date coverage of managing care for patients with special needs, such as cystic fibrosis, intellectual disabilities, and traumatic brain injury, prepares you for specific challenges in preventing medical emergencies.
- Built-in learning aids, including key terms with definitions and self-study, review, and case study questions, help you master key concepts and procedures.
- Videos illustrating procedures for the most common medical emergencies in dental practice.