Rationality Through Reasoning
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 09/03/2013
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
- Develops an original account of normativity, rationality and reasoning significantly different from the majority of existing philosophical thought
- Includes an account of theoretical and practical reasoning that explains how reasoning is something we ourselves do, rather than something that happens in us
- Gives an account of what reasons are and argues that the connection between rationality and reasons is much less close than many philosophers have thought
- Contains rigorous new accounts of oughts including owned oughts, agent-relative reasons, the logic of requirements, instrumental rationality, the role of normativity in reasoning, following a rule, the correctness of reasoning, the connections between intentions and beliefs, and much else.
- Offers a new answer to the ‘motivation question’ of how a normative belief motivates an action.