Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.
This text is aimed at music majors who must pass a piano proficiency examination before graduating. Every chapter is tightly structured around skills that majors must know. Hilley's expert pedagogical approach takes full advantage of Olson's original music (written especially for this text), and the book aggressively pursues its musical goals. Together, the authors have created a compelling and consistent text that synthesizes keyboard skills, music theory, and creativity.
Table of Contents
3. Root Position Triads
4. Extended Use of Intervals, Pentascales, and Triads/Dominant Seventh
5. Chord Shapes/Pentascales with Black-Key Group
6. Scalar Sequences/Modal Patterns/Black-Key-Group Major Scales
7. White-Key Major Scale Fingerings/Blues Pentascale and the 12-Bar Blues
8. White-Key Minor Scale Fingerings/Diatonic Harmonies in Minor
9. The ii-V7-I Progression
10. Secondary Dominants/Styles of Accompanying
11. Harmonic Implications of Common Modes
12. Diatonic Seventh Chords in Major and Minor/Secondary Seventh Chords