Patient Assessment Tutorials A Step-By-Step Guide for the Dental Hygienist
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 4th
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 01/12/2017
- Publisher: LWW
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $95.99 Save
The 4th Edition includes four chapters on communication (including an all-new motivational interviewing chapter), as well as unique Human Element sections that include real-life experiences shared by patients, students, and clinicians.
Enhanced by case studies, student learning aids, videos, and a new audio glossary, Patient Assessment Tutorials provides students with everything they need to succeed in the course and their future careers as dental hygienists.
- An all-new motivational interviewing chapter in Part 1 helps students build skills in a collaborative form of communication designed to elicit and strengthen motivation for behavioral change.
- New coverage on communicating with patients with special needs, such as autism, Asperger’s, and Down Syndrome, enhances student skills.
- Online student resources, including video clips, a new audio glossary, and suggested Internet sites, bring concepts and techniques to life.
- A new Audio Glossary is ideal for mastering the vocabulary of dental hygiene on the go, and especially helpful when English is a second language.
- Module Overviews and Outlineswith Learning Objectives make information easier to locate, provide an organizational framework, and assist students in recognizing and studying important concepts.
- Peak Procedures sections provide a straightforward, step-by-step guide for practicing and perfecting assessment techniques in a self-instructional format that fosters autonomy and decision-making skills.
- Ready References provide quick access to important information and can be removed from the book, laminated or placed in plastic page protectors, and assembled in a notebook for use in clinical settings.
- The Human Element sections include real-life experiences shared by students, patients, and experienced clinicians to help students understand the clinical relevance of chapter topics.
- Progressive Case Studies that reveal assessment information as students move through the book encourage students to interpret the findings, relate them to previous information, and make decisions about patient care.
- Skill Checks allow students to evaluate their strengths and limitations in performing assessment procedures.
- Key Terminology is highlighted in bold type, clearly defined, and then gathered together into a comprehensive Glossary at the back of the book.
- Comprehensive Patient Case Studies in the final module present patient assessment data and challenge students to interpret and use the assessment information in patient care planning.
- Detailed, full-color illustrations and photographs visually guide students through procedures and techniques.