Patient Assessment Tutorials A Step-By-Step Guide for the Dental Hygienist
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 4th
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 01/04/2017
- Publisher: LWW
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
List Price $89.99 Save
The 4th Edition includes four chapters on communication (including an all-new motivational interviewing chapter), as well as unique Human Element sections that include real-life experiences shared by patients, students, and clinicians.
Enhanced by case studies, student learning aids, videos, and a new audio glossary, Patient Assessment Tutorials provides students with everything they need to succeed in the course and their future careers as dental hygienists.
- An all-new motivational interviewing chapter in Part 1 helps students build skills in a collaborative form of communication designed to elicit and strengthen motivation for behavioral change.
- New coverage on communicating with patients with special needs, such as autism, Asperger’s, and Down Syndrome, enhances student skills.
- Online student resources, including video clips, a new audio glossary, and suggested Internet sites, bring concepts and techniques to life.
- A new Audio Glossary is ideal for mastering the vocabulary of dental hygiene on the go, and especially helpful when English is a second language.
- Module Overviews and Outlineswith Learning Objectives make information easier to locate, provide an organizational framework, and assist students in recognizing and studying important concepts.
- Peak Procedures sections provide a straightforward, step-by-step guide for practicing and perfecting assessment techniques in a self-instructional format that fosters autonomy and decision-making skills.
- Ready References provide quick access to important information and can be removed from the book, laminated or placed in plastic page protectors, and assembled in a notebook for use in clinical settings.
- The Human Element sections include real-life experiences shared by students, patients, and experienced clinicians to help students understand the clinical relevance of chapter topics.
- Progressive Case Studies that reveal assessment information as students move through the book encourage students to interpret the findings, relate them to previous information, and make decisions about patient care.
- Skill Checks allow students to evaluate their strengths and limitations in performing assessment procedures.
- Key Terminology is highlighted in bold type, clearly defined, and then gathered together into a comprehensive Glossary at the back of the book.
- Comprehensive Patient Case Studies in the final module present patient assessment data and challenge students to interpret and use the assessment information in patient care planning.
- Detailed, full-color illustrations and photographs visually guide students through procedures and techniques.