Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.
This cost-effective text is a complete introduction to paralegal studies covering the paralegal profession, the American legal system, legal ethics, legal specialty areas, and professional responsibility. Using an innovative text/video format, INTRODUCTION TO PARALEGAL STUDIEScaptures the essence of the field through the eyes, words and experiences of practicing paralegals. Each chapter features text and video interviews with working professionals that not only introduce the field, but also show how-to do specific paralegal tasks. Each chapter includes pertinent information on statutes, case law and ethical rules and ends with extensive chapter assignments that reinforce content and teach paralegal skills.
Table of Contents
Part I: The Paralegal Profession
1. The Definition and Role of a Paralegal
2. Paralegal Careers and Career Preparation
Part II: An Introduction to The American Legal System
3. Sources of American Law and the Civil and Criminal Law System
4. The Court Systems, Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
Part III: Legal Ethics and Professional Responsibility for Paralegals
5. The Regulation of Paralegals and an Introduction to Legal Ethics
6. The "Big Three" Legal Ethics Areas
7. Other Legal Ethics Rules for Paralegals
Part IV: Paralegal Skills
8. Skills for Workplace Success
9. Conducting Legal Research and Briefing Court Cases