Oracle PL/SQL Performance Tuning Tips & Techniques
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 1st
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 08/13/2014
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Proven PL/SQL Optimization Solutions
In Oracle PL/SQL Performance Tuning Tips & Techniques, Oracle ACE authors with decades of experience building complex production systems for government, industry, and educational organizations present a hands-on approach to enabling optimal results from PL/SQL. The book begins by describing the discovery process required to pinpoint performance problems and then provides measurable and repeatable test cases. In-depth coverage of linking SQL and PL/SQL is followed by deep dives into essential Oracle Database performance tuning tools. Real-world examples and best practices are included throughout this Oracle Press guide.
- Follow a request-driven nine-step process to identify and address performance problems in web applications
- Use performance-related database tools, including data dictionary views, logging, tracing, PL/SQL Hierarchical Profiler, PL/Scope, and RUNSTATS
- Instrument code to pinpoint performance issues using call stack APIs, error stack APIs, and timing markers
- Embed PL/SQL in SQL and manage user-defined functions
- Embed SQL in PL/SQL using a set-based approach to handle large volumes of data
- Properly write and deploy data manipulation language triggers to avoid performance problems
- Work with advanced datatypes, including LOBs and XML
- Use caching techniques to avoid redundant operations
- Effectively use dynamic SQL to reduce the amount of code needed and streamline system management
- Manage version control and ensure that performance fixes are successfully deployed
Code examples in the book are available for download.