Nina McIntosh's The Educated Heart
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 4th
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 08/19/2016
- Publisher: LWW
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $63.99 Save
Packed with real-world examples, and compelling online videos, this practical, compassionate book explores common situations bodyworkers and massage therapists encounter on the job and provides compassionate support and up-to-date information to help readers establish the solid professional boundaries they need for career success and personal well-being.
The Fourth Edition includes enhanced coverage of the dynamics of the client-practitioner relationship, including specific suggestions for what to say to clients in difficult situations, as well as integrated coverage of the many boundary and confidentiality issues related to social media.
- New Consider This … features provide thoughtful suggestions for making career-affecting choices, as well as important issues to consider in day-to-day practice.
- Coverage of professional boundaries and the Internet now appears in an all-new chapter and is integrated throughout the book to help students understand the myriad boundary issues involved in the use of technology and social media.
- New Real Experience boxes, contributed by actual practitioners, discuss the problems and dilemmas they’ve confronted in their own practices.
- Whimsical drawings illustrate common scenarios, enhancing the friendliness of the text.
- Questions for Reflection help readers process and internalize key content.
- Key Terms are boldfaced in the text, defined in the margins, and gathered together in a back-of-the book glossary.
- Increased coverage of the boundary problems faced by those who work in spas, physicians’, or chiropractors’ offices or for massage therapy businesses highlight challenges specific to these settings.
- Online Client Videos, many new to this edition, depict common problematic situations in a compelling and memorable way.