Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.
Providing students with a non-technical, policy-oriented, and issue-oriented treatment of the field of public personnel administration, the sixth edition of this well-established text offers current information on public policies, law and court rulings, and other issues in the field. In addition to providing a solid grounding in the history of the civil service in the United States, it also includes a statistical snapshot of the contemporary service on the local, state, and federal levels.
Table of Contents
Part One: PUBLIC PERSONNEL ADMINISTRATION IN THE UNITED STATES
1. The American Public Service
2. Public Personnel Administration: A Historical Overview
3. Personnel and Organizational Effectiveness
Part Two: ELEMENTS OF PUBLIC PERSONNEL SYSTEMS
4. Recruitment and Selection
5. Performance Appraisal and Pay for Performance
6. Issues in Classification and Pay
7. Collective Bargaining in the Public Sector
Part Three: ISSUES AND CHALLENGES
8. Workplace Violence
9. Drugs, Alcohol, and Tobacco: Substance Abuse in the Workplace