Modeling and Control of Engines and Drivelines
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 04/07/2014
- Publisher: Wiley
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
A reference guide to modeling, analysis, and control of engines and drivelines
- A reference manual for engineers and an introduction for students in the areas of modeling, analysis, and control of engines and drivelines
- Covers the basic dynamics of internal combustion engines and drivelines
- Discusses the goals that engine control design system aims for, and how these targets can be achieved
- Provides a set of standard models and includes examples and case studies
- Includes an overview of hybrid vehicles and powertrains
- Accompanied by a website hosting example models
Modeling and Control of Engines and Drivelines provides an introduction to the subject of modeling, analysis, and control of engines and drivelines. The aim of the book is to provide a set of standard models and serve as a reference material for engineers in the field.
Modeling and Control of Engines and Drivelines highlights the interplay between the engine and driveline systems, and the integration between systems that is needed for successfully engineering a complete vehicle powertrain. In addition it also emphasises that systems should be designed such that they can be maintained and diagnosed over the vehicle life time, which is also an important engineering task in the development of control systems.