Millimeter Wave Wireless Communications
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 1st
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 09/18/2014
- Publisher: Prentice Hall
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
The Definitive, Comprehensive Guide to Cutting-Edge Millimeter Wave Wireless Design
“This is a great book on mmWave systems that covers many aspects of the technology targeted for beginners all the way to the advanced users. The authors are some of the most credible scholars I know of who are well respected by the industry. I highly recommend studying this book in detail.”
—Ali Sadri, Ph.D., Sr. Director, Intel Corporation, MCG mmWave Standards and Advanced Technologies
Millimeter wave (mmWave) is today’s breakthrough frontier for emerging wireless mobile cellular networks, wireless local area networks, personal area networks, and vehicular communications. In the near future, mmWave applications, devices, and networks will change our world.
In Millimeter Wave Wireless Communications, four of the field’s pioneers, including Theodore S. Rappaport, Robert W. Heath, Robert C. Daniels, and James N. Murdock, draw on their vast experience to empower engineers at all levels to succeed with mmWave. They deliver fundamental, end-to-end coverage of all aspects of future mmWave wireless communications systems.
The authors explain new multi-Gigabit per second products and applications, mmWave signal propagation, analog and digital circuit design, mmWave antenna designs, and current and emerging wireless standards. They cover comprehensive mmWave wireless design issues for 60 GHz and other mmWave bands, from channel to antenna to receiver, introducing emerging design techniques that will be invaluable for research engineers in both industry and academia.
- Digital communication: baseband signal/channel models, modulation, equalization, error control coding, multiple input multiple output (MIMO) principles, and hardware architectures
- Radio wave propagation characteristics: indoor and outdoor channel models and beam combining
- Antennas/antenna arrays, including on-chip and in-package antennas, fabrication, and packaging
- Analog circuit design: mmWave transistors, fabrication, and transceiver design approaches
- Baseband circuit design: multi–gigabit-per-second, high-fidelity DAC and ADC converters
- Physical layer: algorithmic choices, design considerations, and impairment solutions; and how to overcome clipping, quantization, and nonlinearity
- Higher-layer design: beam adaptation protocols, relaying, multimedia transmission, and multiband considerations
- 60 GHz standardization: IEEE 802.15.3c for WPAN, Wireless HD, ECMA-387, IEEE 802.11ad, Wireless Gigabit Alliance (WiGig)