Making It Happen : From Interactive to Participatory Language Teaching: A More Critical View of Theory and Practice
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 3rd
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 01/01/2004
- Publisher: Pearson ESL
- Newer Edition
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
This exciting new edition of a classic, best-selling text lays a solid foundation for creating meaningful interaction in the language classroom. A new focus on participatory teaching draws on cutting-edge critical pedagogy to support an already comprehensive research base ¿ and the writing is even friendlier and more accessible than ever!
The Third Edition of Making It Happen features:
- A cyclic approach to theory and practice, reflecting the understanding that theory and practice constantly inform each other.
- Three additions to the extensive Programs in Action section:
-- California's Valley Center Spanish/English Program
-- A Chinese/English program in lower Manhattan
-- Minnesota's Concordia College Village Immersion Model
- Case studies for reflection and discussion ranging from elementary through adult.
- Related readings by Vygotsky, Nieto and Pennycook, representing seminal thinking in language teaching.
- The importance of meeting standards and of reflective teaching, so teachers understand the value of examining their own beliefs and practices.
"Making It Happen is a complete text with a great balance between theory and practice, and a wonderful and useful presentation of all the issues a teacher in training needs to be aware of. I would recommend its use for any training course as its sole text...I find it very complete."
-- Alejandra Parra
Nova Southeastern University