The Little Book of Lunch: 100 Recipes & Ideas to Reclaim the Lunch Hour
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 05/05/2015
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
List Price $24.95 Save
There’s something depressing about “running out” to “grab lunch.” Sandwiches, soups, salads, sushi: the choices are overwhelming. But when’s the last time you really enjoyed eating lunch while hunched over your keyboard?
That’s why Caroline Craig and Sophie Missing have reclaimed the noon hour for all those who love a tasty bite. Dining “al desko” doesn’t have to mean another weary forkful of a sad salad. Instead, lunch can be one of life’s great simple pleasures—especially when it’s made at home in just a few minutes, from ingredients you have on hand.
Craig and Missing know firsthand the challenges of busy schedules, tiny salaries, and no spare time. They share their hard-won wisdom in 100 recipes littered with time-saving techniques and tips to make each meal special—plus weekly menus and Sunday shopping lists to make it all that much easier.
The Little Book of Lunch features clever approaches to classics, making them easy for transportation; delicious at room temperature; and quickly assembled for when you barely have five minutes, or for when the cupboards are bare. It includes:
• Wholesome, healthy salads like tabouleh and the miracle “rainbow rescue” bowl
• Make-ahead meals like grilled halloumi, vegetable and avocado couscous
• Inspired twists on tuna salad and the BLT from the Sandwich Hall of Fame
• Quick soups like “faux pho” and spicy lentil and coconut
• Sweet treats to bribe colleagues, like salted caramel brownies