Intercloud Solving Interoperability and Communication in a Cloud of Clouds
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 1st
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 06/23/2016
- Publisher: Cisco Press
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $34.99 Save
The complete guide to Cisco® Intercloud: use cases, planning, and deployment Using Cisco Intercloud technologies, you can seamlessly integrate private, hybrid, and public clouds–securely providing the right resources at will, with consistent control.
Now, four leading experts thoroughly introduce these powerful new technologies. Writing for CTOs, IT/network managers, security architects, product managers, application owners, service architects, and consultants, they explain both underlying Intercloud concepts and practical use cases.
Sharing deep architectural insight, the authors focus on key technical enablers, from virtualization to autonomic management and advanced protocols. They also address the business challenges service providers will face in federated Intercloud relationships. Illuminating the Intercloud with cutting-edge customer examples, they also describe a phased pathway towards coherent deployment. You’ll discover how the Intercloud can improve agility, portability, cost, and speed–and how to start transforming its potential into reality.
- Explore the Intercloud from both a technical and business standpoint
- Understand the role of Intercloud federations, exchanges, and brokers
- Review models for architecture and deployment
- Plan for effective service and customer management
- Manage workload portability without compromising service levels
- Handle service provisioning, assurance, and billing
- Implement best practices for federated security, privacy, and compliance
- Understand cloud APIs from “network up” and “application down” views
- Preview emerging standards for interoperability across disparate clouds
- Overcome challenges at IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and other service layers
- Define user-to-network service contracts (UNCs) that permit dynamic cloud service mashups
- Understand microservices architectures and overlays for porting Intercloud applications
- Use the Intercloud to cooperatively engage resources from multiple cloud domains, and solve real business problems
This book is part of the Networking Technology Series from Cisco Press ® , which offers networking professionals valuable information for constructing efficient networks, understanding new technologies, and building successful careers.