I Used to Know That: Stuff You Forgot from School
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: Reprint
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 09/30/2014
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Here is a light-hearted and informative reminder of the many things we learned at school that have since been lost over time. Author Caroline Taggart discovered two things while researching this book and talking with other people. One, everybody had been to school. And two, they had all forgotten entirely different things. Here, in this handy little book, are the facts that you learned in school but may not remember completely or accurately. Covering subjects such as English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, Modern Languages, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History, Geography, Religion, and Music, it will feature all the most important facts, theories, equations, phrases and rules we were taught all those years ago. You can discover:
• Mathematics: How to work out a quadratic equation
• History: That the first president to occupy the White House was John Adams in 1800
• Geography: The capital of Chile and the modern name of Nyasaland
• Religion: The seven deadly sins and the names of the twelve apostles
• Literature: Which Shakespearean play The Quality of Mercy Speech appears.
The information will be presented in bite-sized chunks and in a self-motivated way, but it will be accurate and up-to-date. It will touch a chord with anyone old enough to have forgotten half of what they learned at school. Here is a perfect gift for every perennial student.