Handbook of Nursing Diagnosis
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 15th
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 07/26/2016
- Publisher: LWW
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $53.32 Save
The 15th edition is organized in three sections. Section 1 provides an alphabetical reference to nursing diagnoses, including NANDA-I definition and Section 2 focuses organizes all the health promotion/wellness nursing diagnoses for individuals. Under each diagnosis, Author’s Notes will elaborate on the clinical usefulness of the diagnosis. Additional foundational knowledge is included in each diagnosis:
- NANDA-I definition
- Defining characteristics (physiologic, emotional and cognitive)
- Related factors including pathophysiologic, treatment related, and situational (personal and environmental)
- Maturational: infant/child, adolescent, adult and older adult
- Errors in Diagnostic Statements
- Key Concepts & General Considerations
- Special Population Consideration (Pediatric, Maternal, Geriatric, and Transcultural)
- Focused Assessment Criteria
- Goals (NIC/NOC) with Rationale
- Interventions for Special Population
Lastly, section 3 covers Diagnostic Clusters, which presents medical conditions with associated collaborative problems and nursing diagnoses, designed for easy reference in the clinical setting.
The handbook differs from the main textbook because it doesn’t go into the foundation for understanding nursing diagnoses, including care planning and concept mapping. The handbook only covers the NANDA-I diagnoses and collaborative problems.