Future Families Diverse Forms, Rich Possibilities
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 11/11/2013
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Future Families explores the variety of family forms which characterize our contemporary culture, while addressing the implications of these increasingly diverse family units on child development.
- Reveals the diversity of new family forms based on the most current research on fathers, same-gender parents, new reproductive technologies, and immigrant families
- Illustrates that children and adults can thrive in a variety of non-traditional family forms
- Shows the interrelatedness of new trends in family organization through the common themes of embedded families and caregiving in community and cultural contexts
- Features an interdisciplinary approach, drawing from works in areas that include child development, family studies, sociology, cross-cultural scholarship, ethnic studies, biology, neuroscience, anthropology and even architecture
- Sets an agenda for future research in the area of families by identifying important gaps in our knowledge about families and parenting