Fixed Income Relative Value Analysis, + Website A Practitioners Guide to the Theory, Tools, and Trades
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 1st
- Format: Hardcover
- Copyright: 07/29/2013
- Publisher: Bloomberg Press
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Taking a practitioner’s point of view, the book presents the theory behind market analysis in connection with tools for finding and expressing trade ideas. The extensive use of actual market examples illustrates the ways these analytic tools can be applied in practice.
The book covers:
- Statistical models for quantitative market analysis, in particular mean reversion models and principal component analysis.
- An in-depth approach to understanding swap spreads in theory and in practice.
- A comprehensive discussion of the various basis swaps and their combinations.
- The incorporation of credit default swaps in yield curve analysis.
- A classification of option trades, with appropriate analysis tools for each category.
- Fitted curve techniques for identifying relative value among different bonds.
- A multi-factor delivery option model for bond future contracts.
Fixed Income Relative Value Analysis provides an insightful presentation of the relevant statistical and financial theories, a detailed set of statistical and financial tools derived from these theories, and a multitude of actual trades resulting from the application of these tools to the fixed income markets. As such, it’s an indispensable guide for relative value analysts, relative value traders, and portfolio managers for whom security selection and hedging are part of the investment process.