Engineering Your Future A Brief Introduction to Engineering
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 5th
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 01/20/2014
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Newer Edition
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
Engineering Your Future: A Brief Introduction to Engineering, Fifth Edition, is a concise and inexpensive version of Engineering Your Future: A Comprehensive Introduction to Engineering, Eighth Edition. Containing the eleven most popular chapters from its parent text, this brief version offers the best option for instructors looking for a solid base from which to work while they incorporate outside projects or assignments.
A companion website for the book, containing PowerPoint-based lecture notes and images from the book for professors, is available online at www.oup.com/us/oakes.
* Introduces students to the broad spectrum of engineering disciplines, with up-to-date data on degrees granted, employment opportunities, and salaries
* Highlights the ethical responsibilities of engineers
* Focuses on developing problem-solving and communication skills that are critical to success both in the classroom and in the working world
* Introduces a design methodology that can be used immediately and in subsequent design courses
* Provides a handy review of units and conversions, mathematics, and engineering fundamentals
New to this Edition
* A new Appendix A features "Nine Excel Skills Every Engineering Student Should Know"
* Chapter 9 on technical communication skills has been completely revised and updated
* Updated statistics for the job market provide critical data to help inform students' career decisions