EEG Signal Processing
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Edition: 1st
- Format: eBook
- Copyright: 05/29/2013
- Publisher: Wiley-Interscience
Note: Not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials (access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.)
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
Need to keep your rental past your due date? At any time before your due date you can extend or purchase your rental through your account.
List Price $125.00 Save
Developing and understanding advanced signal processing techniques for the analysis of EEG signals is crucial in the area of biomedical research. This book focuses on these techniques, providing expansive coverage of algorithms and tools from the field of digital signal processing. It discusses their applications to medical data, using graphs and topographic images to show simulation results that assess the efficacy of the methods.
Additionally, expect to find:
- explanations of the significance of EEG signal analysis and processing (with examples) and a useful theoretical and mathematical background for the analysis and processing of EEG signals;
- an exploration of normal and abnormal EEGs, neurological symptoms and diagnostic information, and representations of the EEGs;
- reviews of theoretical approaches in EEG modelling, such as restoration, enhancement, segmentation, and the removal of different internal and external artefacts from the EEG and ERP (event-related potential) signals;
- coverage of major abnormalities such as seizure, and mental illnesses such as dementia, schizophrenia, and Alzheimer’s disease, together with their mathematical interpretations from the EEG and ERP signals and sleep phenomenon;
- descriptions of nonlinear and adaptive digital signal processing techniques for abnormality detection, source localization and brain-computer interfacing using multi-channel EEG data with emphasis on non-invasive techniques, together with future topics for research in the area of EEG signal processing.