Discovering Statistics Using SPSS: (And Sex and Drugs and Rock 'n' Roll)
- ISBN 13:
- ISBN 10:
- Format: Paperback
- Copyright: 03/23/2009
- Publisher: Sage Pubns
- Newer Edition
Extend Your Rental at Any Time
The Bestselling Student-Friendly Statistics Textbook is Completely Updated and Comes with SPSS-Student Version 17.0!
"Field has introduced important new introductory material on statistics... This book is the best blend that I know of a textbook in statistics and a manual on SPSS."
-David C. Howell, University of Vermont (Emeritus)
Now, for only $25 extra on top of the price of the textbook, students can purchase the bestselling Discovering Statistics Using SPSS, Third Edition as a bundle that includes a copy of SPSS Student Version 17.0.
Written in his vivid and entertaining style, Andy Field continues to provide students with everything they need to understand, use and report statistics-at every level-in the brand-new Third Edition of Discovering Statistics Using SPSS. Retaining the strong pedagogy from previous editions, he makes statistics meaningful by including playful examples from everyday student life (among other places), creating a gateway into the often intimidating world of statistics. In the process, he presents an opportunity for students to ground their knowledge of statistics through the use of SPSS.
To view an electronic walkthrough of this text, click here:
NEW to the Third Edition:
- Expands on the first 6 chapters to more "gently" introduce basic level concepts
- Complies with the new SPSS 17
- Offers a stunning new full-color textbook design to illustrate SPSS 17 mechanisms (at no additional cost to students!)
- Contains an additional chapter on multilevel modeling
- Incorporates playful "real world" examples to go alongside those made up by the author
- Includes both new and more robust pedagogical features
This new edition is accompanied by an updated Companion Web site at www.sagepub.co.uk/field3e designed for both professors and students!
Student resources include:
- Animated "SPSS walk-through" videos clearly demonstrating how to use the latest SPSS modules
- Self-checking multiple choice questions
- Datasets for Psychology, Business & Management and Health Sciences
- A flash-card glossary for testing knowledge of key concepts
- Access to support material from SAGE study skills books
The password-protected instructor's section offers:
- A test bank with over 300 multiple choice questions ready to upload to WebCT, Blackboard or other virtual learning environments
- Electronic charts and diagrams for classroom use
- PowerPoint slides written by the author